Monday 24 September 2012

Blog back on!

I haven't posted in a while... again, but this time I had a reason not to!

It all started with my web hosting company going rogue on me. Word to the wise: if you are considering dh2.net, run, run in the opposite direction like the wind! if you have your website hosted with them, I would say get your domain name transfered to enom.com and back up all your data! Now researching a little online I also found this which doesn't look good at all, does it?

So shortly after paying for renewal of my domain + hosting for another year, my website went down. Unlike other less fortunate people the domain was still at my name with enom (dh2.net is -or was?- their reseller) so I could transfer it to my account with them. Had to pay for it again but at least I didn't lose it!

Meanwhile my files were apparently still hosted ay dh2.net. They still are as we speak. Once my domain name started working again, I could back up all my files via FTP. Most of my website is working over at my boyfriend's server anyway, so once it all goes down, which I have no doubt it will*, I'll just move the rest over there.

So well, in all this debacle my custom blog domain blog.innershelter.net of course stopped working. Once I got my domain up again, it kept not working, despite me trying various settings and following blogger's instructions. I changed it back to the blogger URL (inner-shelter.blogspot.com), then back again... still not working, and then I got slapped with some blogger maintenance that disabled any changes for days... argh!!.

Today I was able to change it back again, finally! and decided to just give up, at least for now, and update my website with the working URL for the time being.

So well that was my little stressful adventure of the last few days! ugh.

A more pleasant post is coming right away :)

*I run my teacher's website focgallery.com which we also had hosted in dh2.net ... and the same thing happened a few days later, of course. This time I knew what to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.