Wednesday 21 January 2015

Lalique at the Calouste Gulbenkian museum

My workshop is still dismantled, and I expect it to remain so for a while still. I'm starting to pick up my knitting again, but I don't have a lot of free time.

Meanwhile, here comes a post with a few pictures I took in the Calouste Gulbenkian museum in Lisbon (Wiki link) this past weekend. I took them with a mobile phone since I did not bring my camera on the trip, but I still think they're ok and may be of interest. Pictures with no flash are allowed. I'd certainly like to come back and bring my camera. 



















There is a great book available at the museum (which can also be obtained online, the online shop seems a bit clunky). It covers the entire Lalique exhibit (which unfortunately is only a selection of their entire collection).


Of course, visiting the museum is the best option whenever possible. I am only posting images of Lalique pieces, but the entire collection is outstanding. And it is not too crowded this time of year.

While I'm at it, I'd also like to recommend a visit to lush Sintra, with its hillsides, palaces and mansions covered in moss and ferns, and in particular the Quinta da Regaleira, which is nothing short of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.